SKIS AND BOOTS 30% OFF - BINDINGS and Poles on SALE
NO SALES TAX - FREE SHIPPING (OVER $200)
2019 Atomic Vantage 86C W ladies snow skis (CLEARANCE)
- Dimensions are 126-86-103.5
- Sidecut radius is 16.1 meters (157cm)
The all new Atomic Vantage 86C W replaces the Vantage 85 W for 2019. And, what a performance upgrade this new ski is. Not only is it a major step up in technology and engineering, and it also a major step up in construction, with the addition of Carbon Tank Mesh. Like all Vantage models for 2019, the Vantage 86 C W features Atomic's totally new, ground breaking ProLite construction. ProLite is all about making the ski lighter, without compromising performance. And, Atomic has done exactly that. The new Vantage 86C has a great feel on the snow, and is amazingly easy to move around. Even though it is the narrowerst ski in this collection, and the least expensive, it is very stable, and offers good edge grip on groomers. This is simply a very good ski, but when compared to other skis at this same price, it is an amazing ski. And, it is amazing technology and construction at this price.
The ProLite concept starts with a brand new, super slim core and then completely removing sections of the core just in front and behind the binding area. Both of these areas are then strengthened with carbon mesh that covers the ProLite recesses, and wraps up and over the core that surrounds them. The end result is an entirely new way of building skis, and they feel incredibly light. It is amazing that a ski with this much tech can be sold at such a low price.
The Vantage 86 C W is built exactly the same as the wider and more expensive Vantage 97 C W. So, this model is not so much about lower performance than its more expensive sister, but really more about choosing a different type of performance. This ski, with its narrower waist is more on trail oriented, than the wider 97 C. Still with the same rocker/camber profile, it will handle moderate depths of new snow, but be much better when it is bumpy, hard, or maybe for someone who simply prefers a narrower ski. Check out this list of features of the new all Atomic Vantage 86C:
- Prolite constructed chassis removes mass from the center of the ski in front of and behind the bindings. Less weight makes the ski more maneuverable, and simply makes skiing. Atomic does this with no trade off in performance. Lighter Is Better (LIB).
- All mountain camber/rocker 10/90/0 is the most ontrail profile of the women's vantage models. More camber, and less rocker equals a smoother ride, better edge hold and a livelier feel from turn to turn. With less rocker (and no tail rocker) this ski is more groomer oriented.
- Carbon Tank Mesh from tip to tail reinforces the ski for outstanding edge hold and, reinforces the Prolite areas. Feels very smooth feel on the snow and with lots of rebound energy from turn to turn. The previous version of this model had no carbon in its construction. This is a big upgrade!
- Light Wood Core uses specifically chosen species of wood to minimize weight without sacrificing performance. Wood cores ski better because they are smoother feeling on the snow and very lively from turn to turn.
- Energy Backbone layer inside the ski gives it additional torsional stiffness and excellent rebound from turn to turn.
- Full ABS Sidewalls also smooth out the ride, acting as a suspension system for the edges when the snow is hard and uneven. Keeping the edge in contact with the snow improves stability and edge hold
9:30 to 5:30 Pacific time
Monday thru Saturday.
We are your Hometown Ski Shop on the Web!